Delaunay_Voronoi plugin installation requires package delaunay

Hello

I am trying to install the latest version of Delaunay_Voronoi (https://github.com/fiji/VIB/blob/master/src/main/java/Delaunay_Voronoi.java) in imageJ 1.50i (bundled with 64-bit Java 1.8.0_77).
Upon invoking Install from within imageJ, I end up with the following error:

warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.5
warning: [options] source value 1.5 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release
warning: [options] target value 1.5 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release
warning: [options] To suppress warnings about obsolete options, use -Xlint:-options.
C:\temp\imagej_neu\ImageJ\plugins\Delaunay_Voronoi.java:1: error: package delaunay does not exist
import delaunay.DelaunayTriangulation;
               ^
C:\temp\imagej_neu\ImageJ\plugins\Delaunay_Voronoi.java:2: error: package delaunay does not exist
import delaunay.Pnt;
               ^

… and of course subsequent errors. Any hints?

Thanks
Christian

Welcome to the forum, @checkfrog!

That plugin does not stand alone—it depends on other code in the VIB-lib project.

So my first advice would be to use the Fiji distribution of ImageJ, which includes this plugin already.

If you don’t want to use Fiji for some reason, then you can build the latest version of VIB and install it into your ImageJ via:

git clone git://github.com/fiji/VIB
cd VIB
mvn -Dimagej.app.directory=/path/to/your/ImageJ

This will build the code and copy the resultant JAR file, along with all its dependencies, into your ImageJ installation.

Note though that this installation process is intended to be used with ImageJ2; with plain ImageJ 1.x, you may need to subsequently move some JAR files out of ImageJ/jars and into ImageJ/plugins, and I have not personally verified whether this works.

One possibility for the future in this case might be to split the Delaunay_Voronoi plugin out of VIB and VIB-lib into its own project, since looking at the code, it does not appear to have additional dependencies.

1 Like

Thank you very much! Please excuse my ignorance, this “issue” was indeed easy to resolve. Cheers

1 Like

For the record: how did you resolve it? Just using Fiji? Or something else?

Yes, just by using Fiji. :slight_smile:

1 Like