axial3D are recruiting for a senior machine learning engineer to join the development of our ML based image processing product. axial3D provide 3D printing software and services to the healthcare industry. We produce bespoke 3D models to help surgeons plan operations more effectively. We have created our own machine learning based algorithms to help facilitate this process and are seeking to improve the effectiveness of these and expand our product range.
Your tasks are likely to include:
- Using deep learning, machine learning to develop image processing algorithms
- Managing complex data and communicating potential solutions to a wide audience
- Developing scalable processes for model development, benchmarking and validation through to implementation and production deployment
- Being creative and apply critical thinking to design algorithms that address business challenges
The following skills are likely to help you do well in the role:
- A degree and possibly a PhD in one applied mathematics, applied physics, computer science or biomedical engineering or equivalent industrial research experience
- Some Cloud and linux experience would be useful (Linux, Docker, AWS, GCP)
- Proficiency in Python (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas or desire to cross-train with equivalent experience)
- Machine Learning/Deep Learning tools (scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, Theano)
- Image processing/computer vision tools (scikit-image, OpenCV, ImageJ)
You will join a small but growing team of software engineers and researchers who are developing a web based platform to take medical images and process them for 3D printing. Your team are from a range of different backgrounds and you will work closely with our manufacturing engineers as well as business development to refine the product.
axial3D are a diverse group of people committed to making a real impact in people’s lives. They build products for everyone and do not discriminate on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability or race. We want an experienced engineer and salaries are offered between £30-50k depending on experience.