Create_training_dataset no such file error

I am using Jupyter Notebook to try and create train/test dataset after labeling points and I get this error:

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘C:\Users\…\training-datasets\iteration-0\UnaugmentedDataSet_massSubsetTrain7\29Jul29\Documentation_data-massSubsetTrain7/29_95shuffle1.pickle’

Both a ‘collected data’ excel sheet and .h5 file get created in the 29Jul29 folder, however the .pickle file is never generated and therefore can never be found. The functionDetail GitHub page says that each iteration of the creation of a training dataset will create a .mat and .pickle file but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Does anyone have an idea for why that is? I am using the dlc-windowsCPU environment if that’s helpful.
. . .

seems from your prior posts you had it working, so what changed in your environment?

Thanks for your response. I realized I hadn’t downloaded the environment right, you were right in my previous post about the dlc-windowsCPU text not being in the corner of the Jupyter Notebook file. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and now it shows up in the corner however I’m having this current issue

when you saved the labeled-data, is there both a .h5 file and .csv in the labeled-data folder?

i.e.

yes, there is a CollectedData .csv and .h5 in labeled-data

I would check your paths, as something is funky here, look at the diff in / vs. \

hard to understand what is going on without the full log of what you did, etc.

C:\Users\…\training-datasets\iteration-0\UnaugmentedDataSet_massSubsetTrain7\29Jul29\Documentation_data-massSubsetTrain7/29_95shuffle1.pickle

The paths must either have two slashes or start with r’, i.e.,

The path must be a string that is passed for videos and for the working directory. If not, you will get errors! i.e. in Windows enter paths by either:

`r`C:\Users\computername\Videos\reachingvideo1.avi'`

``C:\\Users\\computername\\Videos\\reachingvideo1.avi'`

(i.e. double backslashes \ \ between C: and Users)

But, what I mean is look at the path you posted:

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘C:\Users\robin\DLC\massSubsetTrain\massSubsetTrain7\29-Robin R-2019-07-29\training-datasets\iteration-0\UnaugmentedDataSet_massSubsetTrain7\29Jul29\Documentation_data-massSubsetTrain7/29_95shuffle1.pickle’

includes: data-massSubsetTrain7/29 which it cannot have. i.e. you cannot have a / in your name.

thank you very much! The issue was the slash in the title parameter of the create_new_project. I changed it in the config file and it is now working. I appreciate all your help!

1 Like

glad it’s working :slight_smile:

1 Like