Crash with Fiji 3D viewer plugin on Mac upon any window resizing

Hi

Everything works fine with the 3D viewer if I stay with the default window size the 3D viewer opens in. I can do everything I want, but the default window size is very small. My problem is if I try to make the window larger, either by pressing the maximise button or by dragging the window edges. The plugin instantly freezes and I have to force quit to proceed.

Does anybody know of a work around or a way to make the default window size of the plugin bigger?

As I am home working due to Covid 19 any help would be gratefully appreciated Thanks

Guy

The consul shows rendering errors in red text but I cannot copy the text due to the crash.
This is a screen shot of the consul errors.

I am using ImageJ 2.0.0-rc-69/1.52p

Mac 10.14.6 Mojave, it is a mac book

Java (build 1.8.0_241-b07)

This is a known bug on MacOSX, see:

The default size as a workaround however could work.

Try Edit->View Preferences

1 Like

Tested on MacOSX. It works one time (when I edit the preferences a second time in a session it blocks).

However, as a woraround it stores the window size.

1 Like

Dear Bio7

Thanks so much for this. I hate to be obtuse but I cannot see “view preferences” in my edit menu or in the edit >options menu. Could you tell me what I am missing please.
Cheers

Guy

Do you see this in ImageJ?:

1 Like

My mistake I was looking in the imagej menus and not the plugin in menu. Obviously, I saw what you said when i looked in the correct place. Thanks so much for your kind help

Guy