CP crash on DefineGrid Module

I am running a simple pipeline to quantify object intensity type data on a scanned plate of isoagglutinated RBCs, somewhat similar to the Yeast Patch example analysis. I’m doing this with settings for a completely manual analysis for 1-off sets of experiments (i.e. no automation needed). The pipleline runs perfectly fine in test mode. However, when I Analyze Images the whole CP program crashes and shuts down once it gets to the DefineGrid module (computer itself doesn’t need restarting or freeze). I’m running it on a WindowsXP machine. I’ve uplaoded the pipline and an example a partial plate image. Does anyone know of any similar issues with things working in test mode, but not an actual analysis? - thanks

Isoagglutination.cp (9.24 KB)

Hi,

I have successfully replicated the error, and filed a bug report here. The best workaround is to define the grid coordinates using another method, such as coordinates.

Regards,
-Mark

The bug reported above has now been fixed, but will not be distributed until our next official release. If you like, you can download a developer build of CellProfiler which has the fix, and is available from here with the caveats mentioned. In particular, take note of the fact that pipelines made with the trunk build are not backwards compatible.

Regards,
-Mark

This issue has been resolved in CellProfiler 2.1 and later, new releases of which can now be downloaded from http://cellprofiler.org.