Correct 3D Drift saving issue

Hi, I´ve been trying to use the plugin Correct 3D Drift and had some problems to save the registered stack.

First, in the console appears this message when I run the plug-in:
console: Failed to install ‘’: java.nio.charset.UnsupportedCharsetException: cp0.

After a while, the registered stack appears in the screen in virtual form. Then I try to save it as tiff. I have 7.6 Gb RAM assigned to Fiji, and with stacks of around 3Gb a “not enough memory” message appears. With smaller stacks (around 1Gb) Fiji manages to save it, but when I try to open the file this message pops up:
imagen

Any advice will be welcome,
Paola

Hi and welcome to the forum,

never had a problem with the Correct 3D Drift plugin or any of the indicated saving issues.
Could you provide a file that is giving issues for download so we could reproduce this error?

Maybe try to download a fresh version of Fiji and rerun it.

Hi, thanks for the quick response.
I downloaded Fiji, rerun Correct 3D Drift and had the same issue.
Here is a link to one of the files that is giving this issue:

Hm ok, I tried with the virtual stack setting turned on. When saving the virtual stack then you get this error. I guess it is because of the nature of a virtual stack. The stack you get displayed is not actually in memory so you get problems in saving.

The stack is however written to disk before. When you execute the plugin it asks you for a location. There are the individual slices saved. These files I can open just fine then. I usually use the BioFormats Importer Plugin for that. Just close the displayed virtual stack, it is just for a quick review I guess.

1 Like

Hi all, in my role as the current official maintainer of the Correct 3D Drift plugin I officially agree with everything @schmiedc said :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. It worked well using the BioFormats Importer. Thank you!