Hello, I’m controlling a Coolled pe-4000 with micro-manager 2.0 (beta3_20181129). (I cannot upgrade it since I need to control my FLIR camera with the CAIRN adapter for Spinnaker - this way the camera works smoothly with micro-manager). I’m using the pe-4000 adapter provided with MM.
Something odd happens when I take snapshots with the Coolled:
- When I run a timelapse (for instance, I take a 1 sec exposure image every 3 sec) of a still sample, I don’t gate constant brightness. The brightness fluctuates in a sawtooth ramp manner (the first image is fine, then the brightness decreases linearly for 5 images, then it goes back to regular brightness, etc). When I look at the light coming out of the Coolled, I clearly see that sometimes the light is on for only 0.2 seconds (instead of one second).
- When I run a timelapse with two channels (for two colors), the first channel fluctuates whereas the second one is stable.
- If I swap the two channels, it’s always the first one that fluctuates, whatever the wavelength.
- When I run a timelapse with three channels, the first one fluctuates, whereas channel #2 and channel #3 are stable.
- When I change the time interval (for instance a 3 sec exposure every 10 seconds), the shape of the sawtooth curve changes (for instance it goes for a positive ramp to a negative ramp).
I suspect an overload of communication between MM and Coolled that prevents the light from turning on, and a buffer dumping every now and then.
Do you have any idea?
Thanks a lot for your help,