Conversion of large Tiff image to Dax

Background

• I would like to convert images that are in tiff format (40 GB) which are stochastic optical reconstruction microscopy images to dax format.
    Analysis goals
  • I would like to perform statistical analysis on the data extracted from the images.
    Challenges
  • Unable to convert file from tiff to dax, I would like to use bioformats but I am unsure if they support the processing of such large images.
  • A script in Matlab but I am getting a memory error although I am using a PC with 64GB RAM.

Bio-Formats would allow you to read the Tiff images but it would not output to the Dax format. Perhaps reusing some of the libraries from storm-analysis/tiffs_to_dax.py at 71ae493cbd17ddb97938d0ae2032d97a0eaa76b2 · ZhuangLab/storm-analysis · GitHub might be useful

Thank you for responding, does Bio-Formats output to nd2 format?

No, the full list of supported formats can be found here: Supported Formats — Bio-Formats 6.6.0 documentation. The formats that can be written to will be marked with a tick in the Export column. Though we would recommend keeping your data in an open format such as OME-TIFF.