Connecting Orbit 3.15 to Omero demo server: username password issue

Hi,
I’m trying to test out Orbit image analysis using the OMERO demo server. When start Orbit, I get asked for my username and password. I get the following message:

Couldn’t log in:
Check your username and password. check to see if Caps Lock is turned on.

Any advice?
Thanks,
Sanjay

The version of orbit is not compatible with OMERO 5.6.x as far as we know.
The orbit team is currently working on a new compatible version

Cheers

Jmarie

thanks @j.burel for the fast reply.
Indeed the new Orbit version will be out within the next few days, this will be compatible with Omero 5.6.x then.
The current Orbit version works with Omero 5.5.x. The connection parameters can be configured in the popup dialog or in the OrbitOmero.properties file in your user-home folder.

Regards,
Manuel

Wow, thanks for the quick replies. The Omero demo server web site (https://help.openmicroscopy.org/demo-server.html) says that the “Current OMERO Demo Version: 5.5.0”
From this conversation, I’m guessing that the server was updated to 5.6 but perhaps the text on that page was not.
In any case, I am looking forward to trying out the latest version. So far I am very impressed.
Best wishes,
Sanjay

Hi Sanjay

We did not upgrade that page sorry. We are revamping our help and missed that information

The demo server is now running version 5.6.x

Cheers
Jmarie

it’s done, Orbit 3.60 with support for Omero 5.6.x is out, see here.

Cheers,
Manuel

2 Likes

Awesome,
Thanks for working on that
Sanjay

Hi,
I’m trying to connect to demo.openmicroscopy.com again using 3.63 and it is giving me an incorrect password message again. Any advice?

Thanks,
Sanjay

However, version 3.60 works with Omero.
Thanks for all your help,
Best
Sanjay

Hi Sanjay,

Just a quick thought. Is the URL for the demo server demo.openmicroscopy.org ? Could that be the issue?

Thanks,

Jon

1 Like

Hi,
Good catch. Unfortunately, I typed it correctly in the orbitomero.properties file and only typed it incorrectly in my note on the server. I tried a couple of times with no luck.

Thanks,
Sanjay

@Zippy , Orbit first checks in the current (installation) directory and then in your user home directory and searches for the OrbitOmero.properties file.
Maybe you edit the one in you user-home but have an existing (non-valid) file in the install directory?
Regards,
Manuel

@Zippy, version 3.64 is out and hopefully fixes this bug. Can you please give it a try?
Manuel

1 Like

Hi mstritt,
It works great! Sorry it took so long, I’m setting up a lab from scratch. I appreciate all your help.

Best,
Sanjay

1 Like