Combine object measurements

Hello,

in ExportToSpreadsheet there is the option to “Combine these object measurements with those of the previous object”.

i like this, because one has less output files to deal with :smile:

however i am wondering how this is supposed to work in general.

i guess it is not always the case that the number of all object is identical, or?
so how do you deal with this in a spreadsheet?

a related question would be which objects end up in the same row of the spreadsheet?

for instance i could have

• Primary Objects: Nuclei
  • Secondary Objects: Cells
  • Primary Objects: Dots in cells (relate to cells)

thanks for your help!

Tischi

[quote=“tischer”]i guess it is not always the case that the number of all object is identical, or?
so how do you deal with this in a spreadsheet?[/quote]

The simple answer is: We don’t. :smiley:

As measurements for each object are placed in a column, for primary and secondary objects, the number of rows will always be the same. However, if another primary object is included with more objects, the number of rows is expanded to include the “extra” objects, with the shorter columns getting padded by zeros. This is inconvenient, especially for using CPA, so we included the option of spitting them up altogether. I imagine that a warning could be raised if a user attempts to combine objects with mismatching numbers.

The objects are ordered by label number, which is a non-issue for primary/secondary objects. For multiple primary objects, see the comment above.

Regards,
-Mark

thank you for the fast answer!