Close button / quit function not responsive

Hi Folks,

One thing I’ve noticed with some of the later builds is that both the close button in the top right hand of the main CP window, and the File -> Quit functions are not working for my CP11435 install. After selecting either File -> Quit or clicking on the close button, the window is not destroyed. Here’s the output from the console:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/kfounk/cp2/CellProfiler/cellprofiler/gui/cpframe.py", line 160, in OnClose self.pipeline_controller.on_close() File "/home/kfounk/cp2/CellProfiler/cellprofiler/gui/pipelinecontroller.py", line 408, in on_close self.stop_running() File "/home/kfounk/cp2/CellProfiler/cellprofiler/gui/pipelinecontroller.py", line 894, in stop_running self.__frame.preferences_view.on_stop_analysis() File "/home/kfounk/cp2/CellProfiler/cellprofiler/gui/preferencesview.py", line 331, in on_stop_analysis self.__progress_watcher.stop() AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'stop' Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/kfounk/cp2/CellProfiler/cellprofiler/gui/cpframe.py", line 157, in OnClose self.tbicon.Destroy() File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py", line 14615, in __getattr__ raise PyDeadObjectError(self.attrStr % self._name) wx._core.PyDeadObjectError: The C++ part of the TaskBarIcon object has been deleted, attribute access no longer allowed.

Can any of you reproduce this? Thanks,

Lee.

Hi Lee,

Our lead programmer Lee hasn’t been able to reproduce this error, but I’ve seen it myself, and Lee attempted a fix. If you grab r11503 or newer from the trunk build page (it hasn’t built as of this writing), let us know if you see the error again.

Cheers,
-Mark