Classifier using 2 channels from one image

cellprofiler-analyst

Hi,

I made a pipeline using cellprofiler and I want to analyze it using classifier.
I am new in this so I don’t know if I made the pipeline correctly.
I would like to make the analysis using image similar to the one uploaded using the two channels but when I load the image on the classifier it only shows the red channel.

Do I have to change something on the properties file or am I making a mistake in the way I save object and images to the database?

Hi,

Without the pipeline and/or the properties file, there’s no way for us to know if it’s set up correctly or not, sorry!

Here are the pipeline and the properties file.
I also attached the images I am working on. The maximum images are local maximum detected using python pipeline. As I have no nuclei it acts as primary object. I am not using the green channel at all for the moment. Should I try to detect it as a tertiary object?

segmentation.zip (16.2 MB)
test_robustesse.cpproj (968.2 KB)
ciltex.properties (7.0 KB)

Hi,

You don’t have to detect objects in the green channel, but you should at least 1) Load it (if it’s not part your RGB) and/or Extract it (if it is) and make some measurements in it in your Texture and ObjectIntensity modules.

Thank you for your answer. I think I did what you suggest but it didn’t solve the problem. The green channel is part of the original image so while converting to grey I extract both red and green channels separately.
I added the image in the measure texture and object intensity but it do not change my problem.
Maybe I should re-explain.
When loading the image/object on cellprofiler analyst I would like to see both channels because I need it to recognize each class
That’s what I have and I can only see the cell borders and the seeds. But I would like also to see all the green dots from the original image.

Thank you,
Solène

Hmm, I’m not sure, because I can see the green spots in that snapshot (or are those your seeds?).

If you want to have more granular control over what CPA shows you-

• Explicitly extract BOTH OrigRed and OrigGreen in your pipeline
  • Save both individual channel images with SaveImages modules, making sure to turn on the Record the file and path information to the saved image? option
  • In ExportToDatabase, set Include information for all images, using default values? to “No” and select only the channels you care about (and what color you’d like them to be.

Yes, thank you I had indeed to save the green channel in files and provide the path to the database.

Solène