Changing the classpath of ImageJ on Windows?

How do I add to the classpath of ImageJ on Windows?

I had thought passing some options to the ImageJ-win64.exe launcher would have had an effect, but so far I see none when I go to Utilities > ImageJ properties. My only success in altering the classpath so far is by calling “java ij.ImageJ” directly.

@markkitt

So… I’m not the most experienced with this… but what exactly are you trying to do? What is the goal?

According to this link:

to compile and run on a Windows machine:

set CLASSPATH=.;plugins
javac ij\ImageJ.java
javac ij\plugin\*.java
javac ij\plugin\filter\*.java
javac ij\plugin\frame\*.java
java ij.ImageJ

JDK 1.1.7 or later must be installed and the PATH updated using a command something like:

set PATH=C:\jdk1.1.7\bin;%PATH%

If you are interacting with a user via a script… you can ask them for the path to their imagej installation using Script Parameters.

But maybe I’m missing the mark here and others have a better idea what you intend to do…

1 Like

Gosh, that README is old. JDK 1.1.7 is from 1997!

What I would like to do is have a 3rd party jar on my system in the classpath for ImageJ or FIJI. I understand that I can set the environmental variable as that README suggests and invoke the java interpreter directly.

What I am trying to figure out is how to load a 3rd party jar file using the ImageJ Launcher.

It seems like some combination of one of these options should do it:

--jar-path, --jarpath, -jarpath <path>
	append .jar files in <path> to the class path
--pass-classpath
	pass -classpath <classpath> to the main() method
--full-classpath
	call the main class with the full ImageJ class path

It seems that whatever I pass to those options the classpath does not change.

Honestly @markkitt - I’m not the best person to help you on this… but just searching through the forum in past threads, I found this:

Perhaps it’s relevant to your situation? The more info you can provide - exactly what you have tried and what errors are given - will help.

There is an issue with the launcher: https://github.com/imagej/imagej/issues/197 Read through that and the links…

@etarena I appreciate the effort. Searching through the forums, it looks like there is probably movement away from the current C-code based launcher towards a JavaFX solution.

1 Like