CellProfiler won't start on Mac OS 10.12.2 Sierra

I have downloaded CellProfiler versions 3.0.0 and 3.1.9 but neither will run on my Mac. Both are int he Applications folder. They appear to try to start but never open. I tried to open them from Terminal (as per a previous thread) but when I try that I get a message that says the file could not be found. I would appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.

Hi @jss101,

In Mac you might have to change the permissions as a administrator to allow the application to run.
Check your java installation. If you could share the screenshot of the error you are facing we could help you better.
These links might be useful too,

Regards,
Lakshmi
Fujifilm Wako Automation (Consultant)
www.wakoautomation.com
For CellProfiler training or optimised pipeline write to,
lakshmi.balasubramanian.contractor@fujifilm.com

Read more on our site.
Yokogawa CV8000 - The Ultimate in Confocal HCS
https://www.wakoautomation.com/products/yokogawa-high-content-imaging

Thank you Lakshmi. It was a java issue and once I downloaded the java version in the comment thread, the program opened and works.

lakshmi

March 26

Hi @jss101,

In Mac you might have to change the permissions as a administrator to allow the application to run.
Check your java installation. If you could share the screenshot of the error you are facing we could help you better.
These links might be useful too,

Trouble with 3.0.0 startup MacOS Image Analysis
After download and installation, CP 3.0.0 notifies me of ‘unidentified developer’, which is to be expected, however I am unable to allow app to open through ‘system preferences>privacy and security>general’ as is fairly standard when opening applications through unidentified developers. The icon appears in the quick tool bar at at the bottom of the screen, but then rapidly disappears. CP 3.0.0 is fully downloaded onto the OS at this point but will not open. I have gotten the same results on my …

Regards,
Lakshmi
Fujifilm Wako Automation (Consultant)
www.wakoautomation.com
For CellProfiler training or optimised pipeline write to,
lakshmi.balasubramanian.contractor@fujifilm.com

Read more on our site.
Yokogawa CV8000 - The Ultimate in Confocal HCS
https://www.wakoautomation.com/products/yokogawa-high-content-imaging