CellProfiler Tutorial and Office Hours - March 27th 2020

Given that a lot of people may be stuck inside right now, we want to make sure those stuck at home with microscopy images can get help getting started to analyze them!

This Friday 3/27 at noon EDT, we’ll hosting a live one hour Intro-To-CellProfiler tutorial on UPDATED: YouTube. (Previously zoom, which was limited to 200 attendees for us)

From 9-12 and 1-5pm, we will also be hosting 30 minute office hour slots. These are for folks with some CellProfiler experience and SPECIFIC questions. Sign-ups are at broad.io/imagingofficehours ; given limited availability please do only sign up with specific questions.

If demand is high, we may repeat one or both of these!

This is all made possible by the Center for Open Bioimage Analysis- stay tuned for more information and opportunities :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Dear Dr.Cimini

Thank you for your email! Could you please tell me if I should register for “Intro-to-CellProfiler” in advance and if so where can I find the link to register it?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Hamsini Sundararaman

Hi Hamsini,

As of right now, this is an experiment- we have no idea what the demand will be, so we’re just doing it with an open zoom link, no need to preregister.

If it seems we run out of capacity, we will either look into posting a recording, doing another tutorial with an explicit signup (and figuring out how best to handle that), or both!

1 Like

On second thought, we’re worried about capacity, so we will be streaming on YouTube instead. The Zoom link will re-direct folks to the new link, just in case.

1 Like

Hi Beth,

I was excited to see this and signed up at 11:00. It sent me invite on my calendar. But when I went and looked back on the schedule I don’t see my name? Also, I have two issues, should I sign up for 2 time slots?

Thanks,

Kristin

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

Ok, I just refreshed the page and see I am in there. However, I am still wondering if I should sign up for 2 sessions.

Thanks,

Kristin

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

Hi Kristin,

Please only sign up for one session, thanks!

~Beth