CellProfiler installation on MacOS 10.15

I cannot open cellProfiler 4.0 downloaded from website on my Mac device. I have set my JAVA_HOME to be /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_251.jdk/Contents/Home. Still, nothing pops up after clicking the icon. What can be possible issues?

Hi @Jeff-Gui,

Would you be able to try opening the cellprofiler.app from the terminal? That should provide an error message if there’s a problem.

I have the same issue, even when opening the app from the terminal. I am operating on Mac High Sierra 10.13.6

Do you see an error message?

No error message, the app just tried to open and then would shut down after about 30 seconds of trying. I was able to download the next most recent version of Cell Profiler and it seems to run just fine.

That sounds concerning, which two versions did you try?

Version 4.0 did not work for me, but 3.1.9 seems to work fine.

Did you get no error message at all when launching CellProfiler 4 from the terminal? Without one there’s not much we can do to investigate this.

Sorry for the late reply. When launching from the terminal, there is no error message. But the app still cannot response (just like clicking icon)

I now get the following error when trying to open from the terminal:
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Applications/CellProfiler.app.