CellProfiler: Failure in analysis startup

Hey everyone,

I’m currently trying to set up a pipeline in Cellprofiler, but have come across an issue.
When I load the example pipeline and hit “Analyze Images” an error message shows up saying “Failure in analysis startup” and the analysis crashes. Interestingly, the test mode works just fine.

The error occurs in both Cellprofiler 3.1.5 as well as 3.1.9 running on Windows 10.

It appears that other people have had this problem as well, but I have not come across a solution.
Does anyone have the same problem or any ideas?

Best regards and thanks already,
Felix

Hi @felixk,

Have you tried with the any of the example pipeline from the webpage (i.e. "Analyse Images)? If not, please try it.
In case, if the same problem exist with the example pipeline then there is a problem with the software or else we need to check your pipeline.
Do you mind sharing the pipeline or screenshoot of the error based on what you get?

Regards,
Lakshmi
Fujifilm Wako Automation (Consultant)
www.wakoautomation.com
For CellProfiler training or optimised pipeline write to,
lakshmi.balasubramanian.contractor@fujifilm.com

Read more on our site.
Yokogawa CV8000 - The Ultimate in Confocal HCS
https://www.wakoautomation.com/products/yokogawa-high-content-imaging

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!
I was trying to run the example pipeline that is loaded through the popup window that appears once you start CellProfiler.
I retried with the “Example Human” pipeline from the CellProfiler website and got the same error:
Anmerkung 2020-04-21 132058

When I hit “Continue Processing” the analysis just freezes and the timer keeps climbing up.
Again, everything works fine in test mode…

Hope that helps describe the problem!

Best regards,
Felix

Hi @felixk,

Alongside CellProfiler’s main window there should be a black command prompt window. When you get this message do you see any further information appear in that window? It should provide more details on the error.

Hi @felixk,

Yes. As mentioned, please the message or screenshot that appears in the black command window. Hope you had the metadata info properly in the input modules.

Regards,
Lakshmi
Fujifilm Wako Automation (Consultant)
www.wakoautomation.com
For CellProfiler training or optimised pipeline write to,
lakshmi.balasubramanian.contractor@fujifilm.com

Read more on our site.
Yokogawa CV8000 - The Ultimate in Confocal HCS
https://www.wakoautomation.com/products/yokogawa-high-content-imaging