CellProfiler error message in Names and Types (worker) Java Exception

I received the following error message when running a Pipeline in CellProfiler on a Windows PC. The text of the error message is below. The same Pipeline works fine on a Mac computer.

“Error while processing Names and Types (worker) Java Exception: A device attached to the system is not functioning.”

Do I need an updated version of Java to run CellProfiler on my computer? Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this issue are very much appreciated.

Thank you!

#CellProfiler

Hi PaulKristian,

Are you trying to loading your images from external hard disk or any other external device?

Sometimes this problem occurs when give your input files from your external hard disk.

It would be great if you could share the screen shot.

Regards,
Lakshmi
Fujfilm Wako Automation (Consultant)
www.wakoautomation.com
Visit us at SBI2 Sept 17- 19

Hello Lakshmi,

Thank you for the reply. The images were not loaded from an external hard disk or other external device. I’ve attached a screen shot

. Thanks for your help in taking a look at this.

Is it possible CellProfiler itself was installed on a temporary disk which is now detached?

One more idea from a colleague: could it be that the metadata module is set to access a file on a removable storage device? The Images module isn’t the only one that retrieves files.

Thank you for the ideas. I’ll discuss these suggestions with my colleagues.