CellProfiler 3.1.5 installation

After I downloaded CellProfiler 3.1.5 and opened it, I got the error message:

Failed to execute script CellProfiler

…and the software aborts. I’m trying to install this on a Windows 10 PC installed with Java 8 update 191.

Has anyone else encountered this error and if so, how did you resolve it? Thank you.

Mary

Hi Mary,

We still haven’t traced the root cause of that, but by searching the forum for the error message I did turn up this thread, which seems to have some workarounds in it.

Thank you for your response, but I’m still having problems. Since CellProfiler comes with its own Java files, I thought I’d try uninstalling Java 8 from my PC. The same error came up for CellProfiler 3.1.5. Then I re-installed 64-bit Java 8 on my PC, uninstalled 3.1.5 and installed CellProfiler 3.0.0, and a command window comes up, flashes some text so quickly that I can’t read it, then the software quits.

I welcome any and all advice regarding this issue(Windows 10 PC). Thank you very much.

1 Like

Did you try removing the environment variables as suggested in this thread?

I reinstalled the latest JDK version 8 and deleted the JAVA_HOME environment variables and reinstalled CellProfiler 3.0 and now it is finally working. What is the difference between CP versions 3.0 and 3.1.5? Thanks.

It has to do with Java packaging- there’s more detail in the post I linked above.