CellProfiler 2.2.0 crashes on startup Windows10

Dear CellProfiler Community,

I wondered if somebody might point me in the right direction. I’m trying to install CP2.2.0 on a Windows 10 machine. I first installed JDE 8u211 and then CP.

However - when I launch CP, I see the black dialogue for a maybe a second and it instantly quits?

Best wishes,
John

Sorry to hear it! Hm, there are a lot of threads about Windows 10 and various versions of CellProfiler… have you tried any troubleshooting based on those yet?

Often it’s a java issue of some sort…

Dear Anne - Thank you so much for your swift reply. I had a quick search through previous posts here, but perhaps with insufficient diligence… I did note the one you linked, but the solution ‘… System Variable JAVA_HOME set to a 32-bit java installation…’ was slightly beyond my technical grasp. Probably not with some input from google however…

Anyway, thanks for letting me know the issue is likely with java - I will investigate this and try to fix / will post back with an update.

Finally - a huge thank you for everything you and the CellProfiler team do to provide with accessible tools for bio image analysis. (I’m one of Paul’s minions btw! : ))

Best wishes - John

1 Like

In case useful for future users, I uninstalled CellProfiler and JDE from the machine. I then installed the Java SE Runtime Environment 8u211 and set the system environmental variables ‘JRE_HOME’ to the x64 java path and reinstalled CellProfiler. Everything now runs great.

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction Anne.

2 Likes

Wonderful! Glad that did the trick, thanks for reporting back, it’s really helpful when people do so.