CellProfiler 2.1.1 Crashing due to permissions denied

I have had a terrible time getting cellprofiler to work with this latest version. Either it cannot handle more than 20 images at once without crashing without giving me an error. Now this error is popping up as it completes the first image set. Any suggestions? I’m on OS X 10.7.5. Thank you.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/pipeline.py”, line 1934, in run_image_set
File “/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/modules/exporttospreadsheet.py”, line 477, in run
File “/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/modules/exporttospreadsheet.py”, line 659, in make_objects_file_name
File “/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/modules/exporttospreadsheet.py”, line 633, in make_full_filename
File “os.pyc”, line 150, in makedirs
File “os.pyc”, line 157, in makedirs
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/Documents’

Hi,

This looks to be that CellProfiler is trying to write to a directory that it doesn’t have permission to write to.
(1) Check your Default Output Folder by clicking the “View output settings” button at the bottom of your pipeline. Is the output folder set properly?
(2) Check ExportToSpreadsheet. What is the second setting set to (Output file location)? Is this a valid location?

As for only handling 20 images, that is likely a separate, but serious issue. Before you analyze lots of images by clicking the “Analyze Images” button, please read our FAQ on conserving memory, which is the most likely cause of your troubles: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=806&sid=8521c8fb315a35781e77cdc504d0b14a#p4490

Hope that helps!
David