CellProfiler 2.1.1 crashing at startup

Hi,

I’ve been using CellProfiler successfully for some time, with very good results. Unfortunately, since my computer was taken away and added to a university network, the programme now won’t open. A message appears in the command window, but flashes up far too quickly for me to be able to read it. I’ve been in touch with the computer service department here at the university, but they couldn’t offer much help remotely (they took control of the computer remotely to try and re-install the software). I have full administrator rights on the computer, and have downloaded and installed and run other pieces of software with no trouble.

Any ideas?

Best wishes,

Luke Thomas

Hi Luke,

Windows or Mac? In either case you should delete a saved, hidden configuration file.

[EDIT: links below fixed now]
If Mac, then try these instructions: CellProfiler 2.0 FAQ
If Windows, try these: CellProfiler 2.0 FAQ
The Windows issue listed there is slightly different, but the idea is to clear out the offending old registry setting – often a folder is set that doesn’t exist any longer.

Let us know if that helps or not.
David

Hey David,

I’m having a similar problem to Thomas. I’ve been running CellProfiler for a few months and its been working very well. Today the program won’t open on my Mac and the link that you’ve posted leads to “The page you requested doesn’t exist or is private.”

I’ve tried reinstalling but I’m having the same problem still.

Thanks in advance!
/Sebastian

Sorry about that - the links pointing to our old forum don’t work anymore, argh. Try this to clear the prefs on the Mac: CellProfiler 2.0 FAQ