Cell Profiler 2.1 crashes

I am running cell profiler 2.1 on a Mac (OS X Yosemite). The program runs very slow and crashes after processing ~ 15-20 images from a total of 100. I have increased the memory to several gbs so that memory is not limited when opening up images and processing them. Any help will be sincerely appreciated.
thanks,
Murali

Hi Murali,

Can you post any error messages that pop up? There may be a Copy to Clipboard dialog button to help you. Or screenshots are ok too.

Is this new to Yosemite? I.e. did you not have this problem with 10.9 or earlier? We have not tested on Yosemite, as our own IT department has not certified it yet unfortunately. But I would hazard a guess and say that it is not Yosemite per se, and possibly these suggestions might best help: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=806&sid=ef98a1b70dccb27a5394b5d8abb66047#p4490

Best,
David

I doubt that increasing the memory size will help - it may even be causing the problem. Unless you have large images (for instance 10,000 by 10,000), you should only need the default which is 512Mb. You might be running too many workers. You can make CellProfiler use fewer by selecting “Preferences…” from the file menu and changing “Maximum number of workers” to a smaller number, for instance, two.