Can't start up the cellprofiler

can’t star up the cellprofiler,quick out。
In the cmd command,cellProfiler also can not execute,follow up is the results:

C:\Users\荣波>"C:\Program Files (x86)\CellProfiler\CellProfiler.exe"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cellprofiler\utilities\jutil.pyc”, line 304, in start_thread
File “javabridge.pyx”, line 606, in javabridge.JB_VM.create (javabridge.c:4857
)
UnicodeEncodeError: ‘ascii’ codec can’t encode characters in position 10832-1083
3: ordinal not in range(128)
Load ilastik Core
stopping worker thread 0
stopping worker thread 1
stopping worker thread 2
stopping worker thread 3
stopping worker thread 4

Hi,

Please see this FAQ and follow the procedure to clear your .cfg file. Some non-ASCII characters are the likely culprit:

cellprofiler.org/forum/viewtopic … =806#p6493

Cheers,
David

Thank you very much! The problem was solved! :smiley: :smiley:

Good! Thanks for writing back.

David

Hi,

I have the exact same error message as mentioned in this post, and I went in the registry to clear the value data of the “default” file in the .cfg, but still no change…

I downloaded CellProfiler from the website today, and I use Windows 8, can that be the problem ??

Please help me :slight_smile:

Fred

That’s odd, I believe others have had success with Windows 8, though the bulk of folks are on Windows 7. In any case, I would suggest trying our “trunk build” here: http://cellprofiler.org/releases/
We are close to a new release anyway, and this is reasonably similar to it and should be stable.

Thanks for your answer ! I ended up installing the previous version on my computer yesterday and it works fine! But I will try the new version once it’s released :smile:

OK, at least you have a working version. Our next release should work fine with Windows 8 afaik. Thanks!