Can't open properties files on Mac (El Capitan)

Hello,

I’m going through some trouble with CPA. Since I upgraded my Mac to Yosemite CPA did not launch at all but then I followed the instructions on this forum, generated a symlink for XQuartz and now CPA launches…only that when I try to open any properties file I get the following message:

Console[5731]: Failed to connect (_consoleX) outlet from (NSApplication) to (ConsoleX): missing setter or instance variable

I had a similar problem with CP but solved this (also following posts on the forum) by deleting the configuration file in Library…however I cannot find a similar file for CPA. And deleting the CP configuration file has no effect on CPA (which might be obvious but I gave it a try however…)

Any idea?

Thanks

Matteo

Hi Matteo,

CPAnalyst doesn’t support Yosemite and El Capitan anymore.

Can you try to download the newest version of CPA ?
It requires JDK 1.8 installed (have a look at our project page)

Best,
David

Hi David,

Thanks for your mail, it looks like it works! at least it does not crash on startup…I have all my properties files in my computer at work so I’ll test the full functionality on Monday

Thanks!

Matteo

[quote=“daviddao, post:2, topic:2956”]
CPAnalyst doesn’t support Yosemite and El Capitan anymore.
[/quote] Wait, CPA does not support 10.10 and 10.11?

[quote=“David_Logan, post:4, topic:2956, full:true”]

I refer to the old CPA 2.0 as CPAnalyst and the new CPA 2.2.1 as CellProfiler-Analyst. Sorry for the confusion! CPA 2.2.1 supports 10.10 and 10.11 of course!

1 Like

Currently there is one issue with loading the properties file. After loading, sometimes you need to click on the CPA logo in your menu bar (Issue #170). We are working on fixing it :slight_smile:

Hi David,

I did tested the new release at work and I confirm that it launches……but it still crashes when I try to open a properties file…

Matteo

Hi matteo1,
It’s a beta bug due to our automatic build machine. Did you try clicking on the CPA logo in your menu bar after loading the properties file? CPA actually doesn’t freeze and the issue is reported and eagerly discussed here. We are trying to fix it for the final release! :slight_smile: