Can't open or run CPA on Windows 7 machine

I am unable to open CPA after inputting the location of my properties file (which is an output from a CP pipeline). Every time I’ve tried, I just get a small white box with nothing displayed, and the program then crashes. Here are the log errors from my machine:

Fault bucket 2803117210, type 5
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: cpa.exe
P2: 0.0.0.0
P3: 4d264c2d
P4: 13d9
P5: 0
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\melissah\AppData\Local\Temp\WER59B4.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\melissah\AppData\Local\Temp\WER59F4.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\melissah\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_cpa.exe_418b7151ea313e6c3e45ee668e0cf2781fcb656_2a1770ec

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 9603db6d-e620-11e5-9cec-d8cb8a928ab9
Report Status: 0

and:

The program cpa.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 1bac
Start Time: 01d17a2cb8d72d69
Termination Time: 3
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CellProfiler Analyst\cpa.exe
Report Id: 9603db6d-e620-11e5-9cec-d8cb8a928ab9

I am running Windows 7.

@daviddao might be able to help.

Sorry about that.

1. Which version of CPA are you using? Did you get it from the main download page or a newer build from Github?
  2. Has it run before successfully on this machine? If yes, clearing the prefs might help. On Mac it is called CellProfilerAnalystLocal.cfg and I think the same for Windows, though I don’t know offhand where it is stored.
  3. Can you upload the properties file here? Sometimes a malformed properties file can cause a crash.

Thanks

Thanks for the help!

Answers:

1. I downloaded CPA from the main page (CPAnalyst_2.0_r11710).
  2. I have never successfully run it on this machine.
  3. The .properties file is attached here.
    colonyDetectionOutput_MyExpt.properties (6.3 KB)

Hmm, i don’t see anything obviously amiss here. I suggest uninstalling CPA. You could either (a) reinstall and maybe it would magically work, or (b) try installing the (much!) more recent build here: https://github.com/CellProfiler/CellProfiler-Analyst.

The only caveat in the recent build is that there is a little bug that forces you (on Mac at least) to click the CPA icon after launching it.

1 Like