Cannot open update list on Imagej anymore

Greetings good people,

I wanted to add a new plugin to imagej through the Help–>Update… menu, but after the updater loads I get an error (an exception, to be precise) that prevents me to access said menu.

Here is the error on the console:

[INFO] Reading available sites from https://imagej.net/
[ERROR] Module threw exception
java.lang.RuntimeException: Missing upload information for site Index of /clijx-assistant-extensions
at net.imagej.updater.UpdateSite.getUploadProtocol(UpdateSite.java:209)
at net.imagej.updater.FilesCollection.protocolsMissingUploaders(FilesCollection.java:321)
at net.imagej.ui.swing.updater.ImageJUpdater.run(ImageJUpdater.java:226)
at org.scijava.command.CommandModule.run(CommandModule.java:196)
at org.scijava.module.ModuleRunner.run(ModuleRunner.java:165)
at org.scijava.module.ModuleRunner.call(ModuleRunner.java:124)
at org.scijava.module.ModuleRunner.call(ModuleRunner.java:63)
at org.scijava.thread.DefaultThreadService.lambda$wrap$2(DefaultThreadService.java:225)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Is there anything I can do without reinstalling imagej? I am using the most recent version.

Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @tonytani ,

it sound like something is wrong with your update-site configuration. You can reset it by removing the db.xml.gz file from your Fiji’s directory. But be careful, you may have to reactivate all update sites you’re used to. Thus, I’d recommend making a backup of your whole Fiji installation before.

I would actually recommend reinstalling Fiji. Furthermore, if you plan to upload a plugin, it might make sense to do this via a freshly downloaded blank Fiji anyway. In that way you also can make sure that your plugin runs in freshly downloaded blank Fijis :wink:

Let us know if you can make it work again!

Cheers,
Robert

Thank you! This did the trick. I wish I knew what messed it up in first place, but I don’t really know.

1 Like