Cannot connect to OMERO server through web

Hi,

I tried to deployed both the OMERO web and server containers on AWS ECS using EC2 launch type. After deployed, I can see the OMERO web portal, but when I tried to login, I got the “Error: Server is not responding, please contact administrator” message:
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 5.17.55 PM

I checked the OMEROweb.log file and got the following log message:
2021-03-11 00:59:33,093 INFO [omero.gateway] (proc.00261) connect():2263 Failed to create session.
2021-03-11 00:59:33,094 WARNI [omeroweb.connector] (proc.00261) create_guest_connection():191 Cannot create a guest connection.
2021-03-11 00:59:33,095 WARNI [omero.client] (proc.00261) del():462 …Ignoring error in client.del:<class ‘Ice.DNSException’>
2021-03-11 00:59:33,095 INFO [omero.gateway] (proc.00261) close():1987 closed connection (uuid=None)

I can run omero login within the container though, The following is output from “omero config get”
(venv3) bash-4.2$ omero config get
omero.glacier2.IceSSL.Ciphers=HIGH:ADH:@SECLEVEL=0
omero.web.application_server.host=0.0.0.0
omero.web.apps=[“omero_figure”, “omero_iviewer”, “omero_mapr”, “omero_parade”]
omero.web.check_version=false
omero.web.mapr.config=[{“menu”: “anyvalue”, “config”: {“default”: [“Any Value”], “all”: , “ns”: [“openmicroscopy.org/omero/client/mapAnnotation”], “label”: “Any”}}]
omero.web.middleware=[{“index”: 1, “class”: “django.middleware.common.BrokenLinkEmailsMiddleware”}, {“index”: 2, “class”: “django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware”}, {“index”: 3, “class”: “django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware”}, {“index”: 4, “class”: “django.middleware.csrf.CsrfViewMiddleware”}, {“index”: 5, “class”: “django.contrib.messages.middleware.MessageMiddleware”}, {“index”: 6, “class”: “django.middleware.clickjacking.XFrameOptionsMiddleware”}, {“index”: 0, “class”: “whitenoise.middleware.WhiteNoiseMiddleware”}]
omero.web.open_with=[[“Image viewer”, “webgateway”, {“supported_objects”: [“image”], “script_url”: “webclient/javascript/ome.openwith_viewer.js”}], [“omero_figure”, “new_figure”, {“supported_objects”: [“images”], “target”: “_blank”, “label”: “OMERO.figure”}], [“omero_iviewer”, “omero_iviewer_index”, {“supported_objects”: [“images”, “dataset”, “well”], “script_url”: “omero_iviewer/openwith.js”, “label”: “OMERO.iviewer”}]]
omero.web.secure=true
omero.web.server_list=[[“omeroserver”,4064,“omero”]]
omero.web.ui.center_plugins=[[“Parade”, “omero_parade/init.js.html”, “omero_parade”]]
omero.web.ui.top_links=[[“Data”, “webindex”, {“title”: “Browse Data via Projects, Tags etc”}],[“History”, “history”, {“title”: “History”}], [“Mapr”, {“viewname”: “maprindex_anyvalue”}, {“title”: “Find Any Value”}], [“Figure”, “figure_index”, {“title”: “Open Figure in new tab”, “target”: “_blank”}], [“Help”, “https://help.openmicroscopy.org/”, {“title”:“Open OMERO user guide in a new tab”, “target”:“new”}]]
omero.web.viewer.view=omero_iviewer.views.index

Could anyone help me out here?

If you can run $ omero login from the same environment where you’re running omero-web, and you can connect, then you need to use the same server address in your config:

You currently have:

omero.web.server_list=[[“omeroserver”,4064,“omero”]]

Here, omeroserver should be a full server address e.g. demo.openmicroscopy.org.

Hope that helps,

Will.

Thank you very much, Will! It helps, I changed omeroserver to the full domain name and it works :slight_smile:

1 Like