Calculating the Area of Different shades (8-bit) using WEKA

Dear Community,
I am a new user and this is my first question to the community so please excuse my ignorance.
I obtained some CT images for a rock sample. These images display a different shades, and I am interested in calculating the fraction (% area) of each shade. I could classify the shades into three colors using WEKA, however I am not able to find the area of each one.
The images that I have are in a stack (27 images) thats why I decided to use weka, so that I can automate the process as much as possible.
Thank you

@friedrich.bohr

Once you get your Classified image (by creating result in TWS)… each class is given as a different pixel value (0,1,2,…). You can set up a threshold to select the pixel value (region) of interest… once you set your threshold, you can Create Mask, and then you have a binary image that you can Create Selection and measure the area of your pixels-of-interest. :slight_smile:

@etadobson
Thank you for your reply.
When I created the results, I got an image that has three colors. Doing the threshold as you mentioned resulted in having black and white pictures. What If I want to have values for each color?
Thank you again :slight_smile:

@friedrich.bohr
Can you share the results you get? If you mouse over the pixels - look at the status bar of the Fiji window - the pixel values should be displayed and be 0, 1, 2… is this the case for you? The color is arbitrary… you can change the LUT to ‘greys’ and then adjust the Brightness/Contrast.

Thank you for your reply. I solved the issue