Build omero.server 5.6.1: omero-server build failed

Hi,

First of all congratulations on the last release!
After your new release I tried to build the new server with our adapted bioformats version.
But building the submodule omero-server unexpectedly failed because of the task: compileTestJava.

I used the following versions of submodules:

grep -E ^version */build.gradle
omero-blitz/build.gradle:version = “5.5.6”
omero-common/build.gradle:version = “5.5.5”
omero-gateway-java/build.gradle:version = “5.6.3”
omero-model/build.gradle:version = “5.5.5”
omero-renderer/build.gradle:version = “5.5.5”
omero-romio/build.gradle:version = “5.5.5”
omero-server/build.gradle:version = “5.5.6”

and openjdk version “1.8.0_242”

Regards,
Susanne

Can you show us the error? ~J.

> Task :compileTestJava FAILED
/home/omero/susanne/Omero/omero-build/omero-server/src/test/java/ome/server/utests/sec/AbstractBasicSecuritySystemTroviderInDb in class SessionProviderInDb cannot be applied to given types;
        final SessionProvider sessionProvider = new SessionProviderInDb(roles, new NodeProviderInDb("", executor),
                                                ^
  required: Roles,NodeProvider,Executor,SqlAction
  found: Roles,NodeProviderInDb,Executor
  reason: actual and formal argument lists differ in length
/home/omero/susanne/Omero/omero-build/omero-server/src/test/java/ome/server/utests/sec/AbstractBasicSecuritySystemTerceptor in class OmeroInterceptor cannot be applied to given types;
        OmeroInterceptor oi = new OmeroInterceptor(roles,
                              ^
  required: Roles,SystemTypes,ExtendedMetadata,CurrentDetails,TokenHolder,SessionStats,LightAdminPrivileges,SqlActiring>
  found: Roles,SystemTypes,Impl,CurrentDetails,TokenHolder,NullSessionStats,LightAdminPrivileges,<null>,HashSet<Str
/home/omero/susanne/Omero/omero-build/omero-server/src/test/java/ome/server/utests/sec/OmeroInterceptorTest.java:38class OmeroInterceptor cannot be applied to given types;
        oi = new OmeroInterceptor(roles, new SystemTypes(), null, null, tokenHolder, new NullSessionStats(),
             ^
  required: Roles,SystemTypes,ExtendedMetadata,CurrentDetails,TokenHolder,SessionStats,LightAdminPrivileges,SqlActiring>
  found: Roles,SystemTypes,<null>,<null>,TokenHolder,NullSessionStats,LightAdminPrivileges,<null>,HashSet<String>,H
/home/omero/susanne/Omero/omero-build/omero-server/src/test/java/ome/server/utests/sessions/SessMgrUnitTest.java:15 in class SessionProviderInDb cannot be applied to given types;
        mgr.setSessionProvider(new SessionProviderInDb(roles, nodeProvider, executor));
                               ^
  required: Roles,NodeProvider,Executor,SqlAction
  found: Roles,NodeProvider,Executor
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
4 errors

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

I think we somehow missed something in our release process here that we will have to learn from. I am currently investigating and am somewhat puzzled by that what I see locally differs from what I see in remote CI. Anyhow, our apologies for this: I’ll try to figure a fix.

Most expediently, to get you going: so far I have found nothing to suggest that the test failures are actually anything to worry about. I would suggest, any problematic unit test classes: just delete that whole class locally for now, we’ll try to get our way toward a better fix in due course.

You may further find that https://github.com/ome/omero-server/pull/88 fixes the build issue so I will put that adjustment forward for review.

Thank you @mtbc for the quick response, I have deleted the class and build is successful with gradle-5.4.1.

Regards,
Susanne