Build Fiji Plugin with Visual Studio Code (could not find net.imagej:imagej:jar:2.0.0-rc-67:compile at null)

Dear all,

I tried to build my own Fiji-Plugin according to the official tutorial. I’ve have already been at a point where Fiji was opened by VS Code. I have to say that as I was completely unfamiliar with JAVA and Maven and when I reached that point, Maven wasn’t even installed on my system, but only the VS Code Plugin for Maven. Right now, everything is set up fine as follows:

• Java JDK and JRE: 1.8.0_181 (64bit, recognized via PATH-Variable)
  • Visual Studio Code 1.26.1 with Java Extension Pack (including Debugger, Maven, Test Runner and Maven)
  • Apache Maven 3.5.4 (recognized via PATH-Variable)

I am pretty sure, that the system is set up fine, because when running the untouched tutorial plugin in eclipse, it works! Doing the same in VS Code leads to the above mentioned error and another:

[WARNING] Could not find net.imagej:imagej:jar:2.0.0-rc-67:compile at null
[WARNING] Cannot get the branch information from the git repository:
Detecting the current branch failed: fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

So, these files are in the Maven-Repository and VS Code does see where Java is and knows which version to use. VS Code reports the build succeeded, but Fiji is not showing up. As it was once working with VS Code, I would appreciate to get some help about this issue. I found the following issue on this forum, which resembles to mine a lot. However, deleting the mentioned folder in the M2_REPO leads to re-download of the folder but the mentioned problem persists.

Thank you in advance

Edit1: added OS
Edit2: added .git-related second warning

I hope this is not too late. If you build Fiji plugin, the output would be a jar file.

Is anyone out there developing ImageJ plugins with Visual Studio Code these days? If so, any interest in writing a guide, similar to the workflows for other IDEs (currently Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ, and command line)?