Bug when opening image (Fiji)

Hi!

I’ve just download Fiji on my computer to work from home for my analyze. When I open videos (cycle of 36 images) (.cxi), it freezes and the image start jumping.
I deleted the file and download it again, but it still doesn’t work.

Anyone have any clue about what is happening? Is the problem in my computer or in the file (coming from ImageJ site…)?

Thanks a lot!!!

This a message error that is appearing:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at ij.gui.ImageWindow.getMaximumBounds(ImageWindow.java:470)
	at ij.gui.ImageWindow.maximize(ImageWindow.java:524)
	at ij.gui.ImageWindow.windowStateChanged(ImageWindow.java:586)
	at java.awt.Window.processWindowStateEvent(Window.java:2141)
	at java.awt.Window.processEvent(Window.java:2024)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4891)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2294)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2750)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4713)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:86)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:729)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

Welcome to the forum @anouk212,

is the video you are referring to really a CXI file? I am afraid there is currently no support for that format in Fiji.

If it is really “just a video”, could you provide an example that generates that issue?

Best,
Stefan

Actually, I meant .czi! I can already open those file on fiji and run the macro I want to use.

The problem is always there when I open those file. I’ve tried to run the macro to, and I still have this bug when the video displays.

You should have scrollbars in Fiji’s default viewer. When you use those to scroll through the file, is every single image shown properly? If so, then you file should be fine. If there is some delay between the frames and it feels “laggy” then I’d say it is your computer that can’t render the images in between the images.

Can you reproduce this error? If so, could you elaborate on when this error appears?

Best,
Stefan