BoneJ for Bio-distribution and Radiopharmaceutical?

First of all, I’m sorry that this question is quite basic. I am a final year student who needs BoneJ software for my thesis. I am really new to this software and can be said to be quite unfamiliar in using BoneJ, but I am interested in learning more.

My question is whether this BoneJ software can be used for the ROI process which later is to find the bio-distribution and radiopharmaceutical uptake level in bone? Because I still have trouble doing the process from the boneJ plugin then what else should I do.

Anyway, I deeply apologize if I put this topic into the wrong category.

Please post an example image and a description of what specifically you want to measure.

An ROI is not a process, it is a region of interest, which is a way of telling the program which part of the image to include in the analysis. ROI is a generic image processing concept.

I want to analyze bone scan. What I want to do is to perform ROI on some parts of the bone that have hot spots as metastatic tumors to get the number of count which will be used to calculate the biodistribution value and radiopharmaceutical uptake level.

I want to do the ROI using the BoneJ plugin but I haven’t found a way to use it yet.

This is an example of an image I got from a journal. I’m sorry I took the picture from the journal because the original data that I will use has not been given.

You don’t need BoneJ for this. You do need to make sure the images are calibrated so that each pixel value relates to a specific physical quantity (scintillations per second or similar). Then you can use the ordinary ImageJ ROI tools and the Measure command to read out the Integrated Density to get the “strength” of each radioisotope uptake hotspot, similar to how people try to measure signal from Western blot bands.
https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/docs/menus/analyze.html

I’m sorry i still not understand.
Do you mean “calibrated” is it adjusted to the measurement by the gamma camera?

‘Calibrated’ means that each pixel value relates to a specific physical quantity, so that you can use the pixel value to measure something in the ‘real world’. Some instruments are factory calibrated; other instruments’ pixels are raw event counts (e.g. gamma scintillations); many instruments require calibration by making images of standard physical objects (phantoms).