BioVoxxel Watershed Irregular Features error after ImageJ update

Hello all,

I upgraded ImageJ to version 2.1.0/1.53g and now I cannot get the Watershed Irregular Features to work for me anymore, it throws me the following Exception:

(Fiji Is Just) ImageJ 2.1.0/1.53g; Java 1.8.0_202 [64-bit]; Mac OS X 10.14.6; 487MB of 10667MB (4%)

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: “XStart” column not found
at ij.measure.ResultsTable.getValue(ResultsTable.java:434)
at de.biovoxxel.toolbox.Watershed_Irregular_Features.run(Watershed_Irregular_Features.java:203)
at ij.plugin.filter.PlugInFilterRunner.processOneImage(PlugInFilterRunner.java:265)
at ij.plugin.filter.PlugInFilterRunner.(PlugInFilterRunner.java:114)
at ij.IJ.runUserPlugIn(IJ.java:243)
at ij.IJ.runPlugIn(IJ.java:204)
at ij.Executer.runCommand(Executer.java:151)
at ij.Executer.run(Executer.java:69)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I would appreciate your help with this issue.
Thank you.

Best,
Anne

Hi @AnneE,

I shortly checked this and it seems that in the newest build of IJ 1.53g the XStart and YStart positions of binary objects cannot be set to be recorded in the results table any more. This is what the Watershed Irregular features relies on.

@Wayne: was it intended to remove that option from the ParticleAnalyzer or is that a regression? The corresponding line in the code is out-commented:

I think, that the starting point of objects is rather important to have under some circumstances.
Would it be possible to either add this functionality again OR is there a workaround to get coordinates for selecting binary objects using the doWand() function?

@AnneE: If this will be fixed in a new daily build it should work again. If you desperately need the Watershed Irregular Features function and do not rely on IJ 1.53g you can download a new Fiji version and reinstall the BioVoxxel toolbox.
If @Wayne otherwise gives me a hint how to solve it alternatively, I will update the Toolbox as soon as possible.

Alternatively, you can try to install the Adjustable Watershed which works really well in most cases.

Hi @biovoxxel ,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will download a previous FIJI version then.

1 Like

The line

recordStarts = (options&RECORD_STARTS)!=0;

in ParticleAnalyzer.java was commented out by mistake. It is restored in the latest daily build (1.53h34).

2 Likes

@Wayne: thank you for the fast reply and solution.

@AnneE you should be able now to also use the Watershed Irregular Features in the newest daily build

1 Like

@Wayne @biovoxxel
Thank you very much, now it works again!