We are looking for a motivated contributor with an enthusiasm for working with large data sets derived from live-cell imagery, developing data visualizations, and reporting trends and classifications in a fast-paced startup environment.
Our ideal candidate has experience in mathematics, statistical analyses, and data modeling. Prior experience using json is required. Ability to develop applications that display and plot data in PySide is a plus. Possessing life science domain knowledge and/or training in biostatistics would be beneficial, but not absolutely required.
- Develop and apply capabilities to segregate image segment data by location and by textural characteristics
- Apply mathematical models to time-varying data and apply statistical analyses to data extracted from Thrive’s imaging system
- Develop data presentation interfaces (graphs, histograms, charts, etc.) using PySide, PyQt, MatPlotLib or similar tools
- Contribute to the design of interfaces enabling users to access information from image segment data
- Contribute to the design of data structures, the organization of data, and the choice of image features to be used in interpreting image data.
- Experience with querying and extracting information from json files
- Experience using Weka or similar programs
- Experience with machine learning using Tensorflow and/or Caffe
- Statistical data modeling experience leveraging SAS, Python, and/or R
- Calculation of features suitable for machine learning from images
- Experience developing applications using PySide/PyQt
- Experience using ImageJ, OpenCV
- Proficiency with Git
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or related disciplines
- Experience with Python and associated graphing and math libraries
- Relevant experience consuming, organizing, and interpreting time-varying data
About Thrive Bioscience:
Thrive Bioscience is developing previously unavailable instrumentation with associated software and analytics to automate cell culture and stem cell culture. Located in Wakefield, MA, Thrive aims to empower biologists with solutions that deliver consistent, reproducible results through intelligent automation of cell culture. We collaborate with leading academic institutions, serving the needs of cancer and stem cell researchers developing cutting-edge therapies for human disease.
Thrive Bioscience offers a competitive benefits package that includes equity, and a fast-paced, stimulating work environment.