Bioimage Analysis Symposium at Light Microscopy Australia 2019 — Call for abstracts

conference
symposium

Hi everyone,

I’d like to draw your attention to the Bioimage Analysis Symposium, a satellite of the Light Microscopy Australia 2019 conference in Brisbane, Australia (now in the table above). The conference is Wed-Thu Mar 6-7, there are workshops on Fri Mar 8, and the satellite symposium is on Saturday Mar 9.

The preliminary symposium schedule is as follows:

09:00-09:15 Welcome and introduction
09:15-10:15 Keynote: Loic Royer, Chan Zuckerberg Biohub, San Francisco, USA
10:15-10:45 Coffee break
10:45-12:15 Invited talks: overviews of selected image analysis software
12:15-13:15 Lunch
13:15-14:45 Submitted talks
14:45-15:45 Coffee break
15:45-16:15 Submitted talks
16:15-17:15 Panel discussion: present and future of bioimage analysis in Australia
17:15-17:30 Conference closing

Unfortunately we don’t have funds to bring people over, but if you are an author or experienced user of any of the tools in the top banner of this forum (or maybe some other cool open source tool), and think you might be interested in coming to present your tool at the invited session, please get in touch! juan.nunez-iglesias@monash.edu I’m specifically aiming for quick talks that will encourage newbies to become users, and users to become contributors.

Additionally, if you have recently done some cool image analysis that you would like to share with the world, I invite you to submit an abstract at https://www.lma2019conference.org/ (Under Registration -> Abstract Submission). Note: you currently need a Google account to submit an abstract without registering. We are working on fixing this.