Big Warp warning that dataset is not suited for interactive browsing

Hello,

I am (very) new to ImageJ/FIJI and I was trying to use Big Warp on a pair of .png images I have. They are very simple two-dimensional images, 512x512, 1MB, RGB. After I select them as the moving and fixed images, I get the following warning in the console. The viewers do not display any images either, so I have no way of using the landmark tool.

WARNING:
Opening <SpimData> dataset that is not suited for interactive browsing.
Consider resaving as HDF5 for better performance.

Following the advice of the warning, I tried resaving as HDF5 (although I am, again, completely unfamiliar with the proper way to do this) but I did not get anywhere with that either.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

1 Like

Hi @AB862,

Welcome to the forum.

It might be that it loaded your images with stupid choices for brighness / contrast. Try pressing S and changing the brightness settings.

You can safely ignore that warning.
(explanation below)

John

Longer answer:
That message is meant mostly for very large 3d data. The bigdataviewer-hdf5 format has multiple-scale levels built in. That enables fast loading of lower resolution / 2d subsets of data that make interactive browsing fast. For small- or medium- sized (or 2d) data, this is not really necessary.

I’ll try to suppress that warning when it’s not relevant.

2 Likes

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your reply. Changing the brightness did solve the problem.

Thanks again.

1 Like