Hi, I’ve made a few changes to ImageJ1 to better support multi-screen setups. Please see the list below.
I’d appreciate if you’d take a look and try it out. You can download the ImageJ1 Jar-File ij.jar and then do one of the following:
- Start ImageJ1 directly from the command line via
java -jar ij.jar.
- Modify your Fiji by replacing the ImageJ1 Jar-File (currently
ij-1.52n.jar) with the downloaded
ij.jar. Please do this in the
/Applications/Fiji.app/jarsif you’re on a Mac.
- Reliably restore location of main ImageJ window and (first) image window
- Placement of first image window is more predictable
- Reliably determine the correct screen for a given location or window, for example to determine if a window can be enlarged for zooming in
- If there is ambiguity about which screen to use, the one that contains the main ImageJ window will be chosen (e.g. for
Plugins > Utilities > Capture Screen). Also,
Window > Cascadeand
Window > Tilewill rearrange all image windows on the screen with the main ImageJ window
- Simplification, especially by removing special cases for Linux (didn’t break anything in my tests)