Beginner difficulty to use cell profiler

Dear friends,
I am a PhD student from Germany.
I want to use cell profiler analyst for counting nuclear foci.
I have a limited knowledge of computers and am a biologist. I am using MAC laptop with Safari.
I downloaded from
cellprofiler.org/downloadCPA.shtml and copied it to the applications folder

Then I downloaded the pipeline below. It has three files (2 TIFF and one examples)
Speckle Counting: This pipeline shows how to identify smaller objects (foci) within larger objects (nuclei) and how to use the Relate module to establish a relationship between the two as well as perform per-object aggregate measurements (such as number of foci per nucleus).
[Download] (3 MB)
I then tried to open TIFF images with the CP analyst program from the Applications folder.
I receive the following reply
CPanalyst quit unexpectedly.

PLease help me to proceed further. Please note I am a beginner

[quote=“pranavgs”]I then tried to open TIFF images with the CP analyst program from the Applications folder.
I receive the following reply
CPanalyst quit unexpectedly.[/quote]

Hi,
You are encountering this problem because CellProfiler Analyst is not intended to open image files. You need to download CellProfiler from cellprofiler.org/download.shtml, install it and start the program. At that point, you should read the links from the welcome screen to familiarize yourself with the program layout.

Then, load the speckle counting pipeline, point the Default Input Folder to the location of the images from the speckle counting zip file, point the Default Output Folder to the location where you want the output to go, and press the “Analyze Images” button.

Regards,
-Mark