Sample image and/or code
- Image Sequence (from a timelapse) are posted in response (this is my first post, so it won’t let me upload directly in the post).
- I do not have a minimal working example.
I have some experience in Python and R, but no experience with Java or ImageJ.
I am interested in measuring the curvature of some rehydrating noodles over time. There was an informative discussion on (measuring curvature for a butterfly claw)[How do you measure the angle of curvature of a claw?]. In particular, @emartini wrote a python plugin that finds calculates curvature once two endpoints and a midpoint along the curve are given. I have many pictures of curved noodles and manually selecting the three points (two endpoints, one midpoint) is not as feasible. Furthermore, I would like to eventually set up a Raspberry Pi to analyze pictures in real time.
My question has two parts:
- How can I use Image J to find endpoints for the noodles and automate that process in a script/plugin?
- How can I write a script to identify the endpoints and midpoint of each noodle? (This is complicated by the fact that the noodle is curved.)
- I am stuck on how to find the endpoints using ImageJ.
- When looking on the ImageJ tutorials, Skeletonize seems to be useful for this kind of thing. So I tried converting my images to Binary, then Skeletonize and Analyze Skeleton. I also tried converting to Binary and using Erode with Binary Option count set to 7. I think I’m just really clueless about how to use the program.
- I am currently using Fiji on Windows Surface (64 bit).