I have a question that only partially fits this forum, but given the vast expertise of the community, I would still love to pick up your brains.
We need to image a library of small objects (0.1mm - 10cm), about 10k objects. The best would be to take a multiangle acquisition of each object (but we can start with a single-shot per object). I am wondering how to organize an image acquisition setup and a workflow. Does anybody have an idea of a system that one can ensemble or use for this purpose?
Probably we need:
- camera with a macro
- light table
- automated stage to do rotations
- control unit + storage system
My favorite workflow:
- I put an object on the light table.
- The system detects that there is a new object, focuses, make the shot (or series of shots that will require also an automatic table rotation), stores images in the database. Maybe I label the object after the ID I have (but this can be eventually be done later).
- I remove the object from the table and get another object.
(actually, it is a lie - my favorite mode would include full robotization )
Any ideas if I can buy a system that is able to help me? Or if I need to construct it on my own, which components to use that I can integrate everything? Is there any software platform to use?
Any tips are welcomed.
PS I added the “macro” hashtag since it fitted perfectly