Automated OMERO installation w/ ansible

Hi OME team,
For a new project I need to install a new OMERO server and want to do it as automated and easy for dev ops as possible. Based on @manics’s great tutorial last OME meeting, I’m thinking ansible is the way to go. And per @s.besson 's solution in Install OMERO w/ ansible on Ubuntu 20.04 it is now available for Ubuntu 20.04. However, I can’t find a nice step-by-step guide how to go from a bare new Ubuntu 20.04 server to a fully functional OMERO (plus web and some of the plugins). I was trying to find a recording or slides from @manics 's tutorial but can’t find that. Any pointers where to find such a thing?
Thanks,
Damir

1 Like

Do you mean How to install and run OMERO in production ?

~Josh

1 Like

Thanks Josh. Yes, that has some good links in it. I presume GitHub - ome/omero-deployment-examples: Examples playbooks for installing OMERO with Ansible and Docker is still more-or-less correct?
Cheers,
Damir

1 Like

@dsudar yes the repository you are mentioning contains the reference example repositories for deploying an OMERO stack either via Ansible or Docker. The Ansible example repositories are tested against CentOS 7, Ubuntu 18.04 and Ubuntu 20.04.

All of the Ansible example playbooks should include a server and a web deployment, across varying servers. If you are interested in a more advanced configuration including public user and OMERO.web apps, GitHub - ome/ansible-example-omero-addons: Example of deploying OMERO.server , OMERO.web and several addons with Ansible is probably the one worth looking into.

Thanks @s.besson this got me going very well. For any specific issues with the playbooks, I’ll use GitHub issues.