I’m trying to use the Autocontext workflow to segment some EM data. I encountered 2 issues:
- The autocontext workflow crashes on Windows machine during the second training step, after “live view” is pressed. The program hangs in “not responding” mode, and green indicator bar moves back and forth forever (see attached image)
On some Windows machines this causes display driver to fail after which I need to restart the system. I’m using the latest version of ilastik. I used the same workflow with the beta version that is on your website and everything works fine. In Linux the workflow also works fine. But I’m interested in using the Windows version as most of the users of our microscopy infrastructure are not familiar with Linux.
- Second problem is the speed of the autocontext procedure (also pixel classification to some extent). This is especially evident in Windows version. I’m working with 750Mb dataset (xyz, EM data (one channel)). The step that takes forever is waiting for the display to update after one scrolls to the next z section or switches on/off some of the “visibility” categories. For example after doing the labeling and pressing “live update” button one typically waits around 1 hour until the display is updated with default visibility options. In Linux this is reduced to cca. 10min for the same dataset but still rather slow. The calculations seem to finish rather quickly (there is a green progress bar that goes quickly to 100%) but than one waits for one hour until the pixels are colored yellow or blue… It seems like a bug to me, not sure what are your typical datasets but 750Mb is not on the large side… It does not seem to be an issue with the hardware resources as I have tested this on several systems with different CPU/GPU/RAM combinations (with 256GB of RAM or more). Although, autocontext takes a lot of RAM, the RAM/CPU resources have never been used by more than 20-30%.