I did some preliminary testing, but I clearly missed this case (and the whole point of keeping
<br> to allow for multiline autocompletions ).
I should have better started off by laying out a clear diagnosis: the problem stems from the fact that a large amount of function entries in the html file follow this structure:
<br> is the one showing up after inserting the suggestion, thanks to the line that I pointed out. Now, by looking at the git blame, I realize this recent line was there for a very specific reason: multine snippets.
So I guess it’s simply going back to my first gut instinct to fix this problem: to trim any trailing
\n in the text before creating the completion entry.
That’s what I thought. Issue filed.
No worries! Thanks to you!