Auto code completion for IJ macro

imagej
macro
auto-completion

Hey @bramvdbroek,

welcome to the forum!

That’s indeed annoying. Thanks for the bug report!

I just added a timeout: It should stop searching for auto-completion entries after 250 milliseconds. Furthermore, I increased the minimum word length to 2.

Would you please test it again?

Who wants to test the new-new version, just download imagej-legacy.jar and put it in the jars directory of your Fiji installation. Please remove the other image-legacy.jar in the same folder. Restart Fiji afterwards.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Robert

2 Likes

Thanks @haesleinhuepf,

The minimum word length of 2 characters works well (good idea), but the delay after typing ‘ru’ is still about 2 seconds, in my hands at least.

Best regards,
Bram

2 Likes
Issue in SciJava common

Hey @bramvdbroek,

could you please try again with a freshly downloaded imagej-legacy.jar ?

I just introduced a maximum number for search results hoping the the UI responds faster now. In case you can confirm that it’s working better now, @ctrueden might consider putting the update into the currently running wave of updates…

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Robert

2 Likes

Hi @haesleinhuepf,

I’m so sorry, I didn’t get a message that you responded and I forgot about it afterwards. (I guess it was not that annoying after all. :wink: ).
Anyway, I just tested your newest version on two different computers, and it’s blazing fast now. Thanks!
I’d say green light for @ctrueden to implement it.

Best regards,
Bram

1 Like

Thanks @bramvdbroek! Thanks for reporting and checking. That’s quality assurance as it’s supposed to be :slight_smile:

I just merged it. I guess it will be in the next release cycle.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing it.

1 Like