I would like to make an announcement for those who are on Twitter.
A few months ago, Sebastien Rochette and I created a Twitter bot , which automatically retweets the hashtag #bioimageanalysis.
The bot has now more than 80 followers and is regularly retweeting
Now that I see that it is working nicely, I would like to share this tool with all of you.
If you want to ease your Twitter watch related to the bioimage analysis field, I would recommend to follow the bot @Talk_BioImg.
If you are talking about bioimage analysis related topics (for instance talking about this forum, or about softwares, workshops, job offers…), I would recommend that you use the hashtag #bioimageanalysis.
A few precisions:
- As @haesleinhuepf asked in this tweet, typos are not allowed for instance, #bioimageanlysis will not be found
- If you cite the bot (@Talk_BioImg) in your tweet, it will not be retweeted
- Nevertheless, citing the bot (@Talk_BioImg) is worth to invite new people to follow it
- Since it is a bot , it does not follow other accounts and retweets blindlessly all tweets containing #bioimageanalysis
- As administrator of this account, my role is to check that the bot is still working
- To know more about the technical details, read this blog article
I wish you all a nice scientific watch on Twitter!