Hi OME team,
Following up on a topic I touched on at the community meeting, I’m trying to add per-channel metadata to images with many channels where each channel has its own important set of properties. There are a number of ways to go but none of them are very functional:
- the proper OME-XML model way: i.e. each channel can have annotations so I can add my MapAnnotations per channel and that works fine. Alas, there is nothing in OMERO at this time to display that information in any way. So I feel good for doing the right thing but it helps nobody.
- Upload that info as a OMERO Table to the image and it will show up as a Attachment that can be displayed with the “eye”. That works but it’s ugly, not very obvious to the user, and requires the user to figure out what matches up with what.
- Similarly, upload a csv table into Attachments and it will open with Excel so you have pretty much the same as 2).
So a few questions:
- is there any way to make the table or csv file in options 2 or 3 show up in the Tables tab so it’s at least immediately visible?
- Is there anything I’m missing for option 1 to display such annotations?
- if not, is there some simple example code how to make a tiny web plugin that I could hack around with to create such a metadata display module. I looked at https://docs.openmicroscopy.org/omero/5.6.1/developers/Web/WebclientPlugin.html and that is a bit daunting for me.