"Acquire SPIM Image" plugin does not open

fiji
imagej
plugin
imagej2
java
openspim

so I’m having a problem launching the “Acquire SPIM image” plugin. it just refuses to open. I have tried downloading the OpenSPIM software again and updated all libraries but the problem still persists.

Please any advise on the way forward?

Hello everyone.

so I’m having problem launching the “Acquire SPIM image” plugin. it just refuses to launch. I click and nothing happens. I have tried downloading the OpenSPIM software again and updated all libraries but the problem still persists.

Please any advise on how to resolve this?

Thank you.

Hi @gideon and welcome to the forum!

You double-posted this, so I just joined the two topics and merged their tags, to avoid confusion for others.

So the solution is to home all the actuators of the 4D stage (piccard industries) using the manufacture’s software.

The “Acquire SPIM images” plugin will then start working. I guess it’s perferred moving the stage using the OpenSPIM plugin stage control. Using that of the manufacturer and then switching to try using that on openspim might not make the “Acquire SPIM images” plugin work

Hi everyone and @gideon!

This answer might come a bit too late for you but I think an easy fix for the problem is to check if in the hardware configuration wizard the ‘Default focus stage’ is set to ‘Picard Z Stage’.

Good luck!