Accessing imageIDs/titles of unknown nr of new images after plugin

Hi all,

I’m trying to get into macro writing to detect individual bright spots (focal adhesions) in my time-stack of cells. I’ve got segmentation down by creating a binary mask (Gaussian blur, then background subtraction, then tresholding).

I then want to label each individual particle through the stack so I can then measure the area and mean intensity by redirecting to my original image. For now I have settled on using the Find Connected Regions plugin [plugins>process>Find Connected regions]. If you know of a better way to do this through a time-stack (Without MatLab), let me know!

In any case, I utilize the “display image for each region” option which opens up x amount of new images depending on the number of particles in the picture. However I now don’t know how to call back to each image individually. The plugin creates a results window which in principle contains the info I need to create my own name string to call back to the images. However I don’t know how to access the newly generated data table (array?).

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advanced!

Hi Mitchell,

Welcome to the forums!

Do you mean you don’t know how to pull the strings from the results table or that it doesn’t work when you try?

You can get the strings from the results table by trying:

getResultString("Column", row);

I forsee a problem that IJ might throw up with the results table not being named “Results”, you can rename the table to “Results” using:

IJ.renameResults(oldName,newName);

Another function that might be of help is:

getList("image.titles"); // returns the open image window titles as an array

Best,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your advice! I’ll try it out and see whether I can get step closer…