microscopy. I downloaded Fiji and am using Microscope Measurement Tools and
the plugin works pretty well!

But I’d like to know if there is a way to change the position (and text and
background color) of the measured “line” when I select “Draw Measurement
Line”. The black background and green font almost always appears in an
incovenient point and is very large, so it generally covers some important
feature of the structure I’m measuring…

Any advices are welcome!

If You look inside the user_settings file, there are also settings for the font size and background color etc. See if those can help you out. Eventually, rather than a fixed pixel size, I was going to make the font size be some fraction of the total image size so it always comes out around the same size no matter the resolution.

Positioning is a bit more complicated, you may have to go into the code depending on what you want.
I already coded it so that the text always shows up at the end of where you drag your line marker. So, wherever you start dragging the Line will not have text, and the text will always show up after the end of where you stop dragging your line. Hopefully that helps, otherwise, open up the code and you can see some lines that deal with whether the text shows up on the top, bottom, etc. You are welcome to add an option in the user settings, that maybe puts the text in the center instead. If you want to code that up, fork the github code, and we can go from there.

Thanks, demis! I’m gonna try this.

Were you able to adjust the text to your liking?
I was recently revisiting this code, and also noticed I have a setting in the user_settings.py file, that lets you choose whether the text shows up at the left or right of the Line ROI.
I think it would be useful to make a separate “Draw Measurement - Line …” that pops up options for the annotation. However this would only be useful after making it an Overlay, so if you don’t like it you can just delete the annotation (right now it’s still drawn directly to the image, uneditable).